I am ready for a new week, a fresh start. Hope you can find something interesting to do this weekend.
(Picture of my girls' backpacking trip in northern Arizona a few weekends ago. Arizona is amazing!)
- Create a wreath to be displayed during December in downtown Mesa using reusable or recyclable material. Youths and adults are encouraged to participate. Youth wreaths will be judge in 3 age groups, ages 5-8, 9-12, and 13-18 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age group will receive a cash prize. Adults 19 and older can receive show, museum and dining vouchers for winning wreaths. I personally am excited to enter with my girls. I think they will love seeing their art displayed in Downtown and I think it will add a unique touch to the Mesa holiday decor. Winning would just be a side perk. To participate, you must send in your entry form by November 21st and wreaths must be completed and delivered to the MAC by November 29th or November 30th. For entry form and more detailed information on participation rules, click here.
- Saturday, November 19th from 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM enjoy a free concert at Superstition Springs benefiting the United Food Bank. Bring food to donate and enjoy listening to Plastic Gladys with special guest Vinyl's End. Information via Arizona Shopping Secrets.
- Saturday, November 19th at 9:00 AM is the Gilbert Days Parade. Celebrate with the theme of "100 Years of Progress" as the parade kicks off Arizona's 100 year Heritage Celebrations. The parade starts at Juniper and Gilbert Road and travels south on Gilbert Road. There will be a craft fair and festival in Downtown Gilbert following the parade. And then don't miss the Gilbert's Farmers Market from 1:30 - 5:30 PM. Flyer found here.
- Saturday, November 19th from 5:30 - 7:30 PM enjoy movie night at Hubbard Family Swim School. Cost is $4 per person, maximum of $15 per family. Those 3 and under are free. Float around in the indoor heated pool while watching Monsters, Inc. Information from here.
- Christmas preview event at Domestic Bliss in Downtown Mesa. November 18th and 19th from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM bring this ad for 20% off one item.
If you have any events that you would like posted, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.