We seem to be lacking on our posts lately as we do some behind the scenes work. Thanks for always checking back in with us. We hope by the new year to have a much improved site. Here are some event ideas for you on this cold, wet Monday. Such a welcome change! And so much to do here in Mesa, Arizona during Veteran's Day weekend.
- Of course this weekend, Saturday, November 12th, is the Shun the Sun Race. This year I decided to just run the family fun run with my 5 year old girls. It's just under a mile and a half and it will be their first official race. We are all excited. They are especially excited for all the loot that gets given away after the race.
- November 11th and 12th in Downtown Mesa, take a walk back in time during the 2011 Mesa Old West Days. See shootouts and old time blacksmith demonstrations. Get pictures with those in period costumes, enjoy vendors, live performances and kiddie rides. Check their website here for all the details.
- Thursday, November 10th at 7:00 PM at the MAC, enjoy a FREE concert in celebration of Veteran's Day. Come listen to the sounds of the Women of the Air Force Band, "the only all-woman former military band still performing publicly today." To reserve your free tickets, go here.
- Friday, November 11th at 11:00 AM watch the East Valley Veteran's Day Parade in Downtown Mesa. The parade starts at Center Street and Third Place and will travel south on Center Street to First Avenue. Enjoy the Women of the Air Force Band again after the parade at 1:00 PM in the MAC's south parking lot.
- Maybe you would enjoy Chandler's Chuck Wagon Cook-off at Tumbleweed Ranch at Tumbleweed Park. The pre-event is Friday, November 11th from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM if you want to meet the teams and the main event is on Saturday, November 12th from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Enjoy a chuck wagon meal for $10 (served at noon, but they most likely will sell out of meal tickets by 11:30 AM). Also, there will be music, wagon rides, historic home tours, a petting zoo and much more. Check out the flyer here.
- This Saturday, November 12th from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM enjoy the Certified Local Fall Festival at Duck and Decantur, 1651 E Camelback, Phoenix 85016. Live music, bounce house, rock wall, many booths with fun activities, and of course, many local businesses will be highlighted to provide a very unique shopping experience. Information from here.