home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

10.18.2011

Get Ready to Run: Shun the Sun in Mesa, Arizona

Are you ready to run?  We mentioned the Shun the Sun race held on Saturday, November 12th in our Fall Guide.  So, are you in?  This 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and Family Fun Run will take place in just 24 days.  Marily and I had such a fun time participating in the 5K last year.  My kids loved all the goodies I brought home to them and are eager to join me at the festivities this year.  We are in, so I better START training...only 24 more days.  Are you with us?

Put the excuses aside, take the plunge and join us as we support Shun the Sun in their mission to build shade structures right here in our local community.  They recently installed one at Webster Elementary in west Mesa.  

Do you want to join team I Heart Mesa at the race?  Don't worry, I'll be the slow one in the back.  But, I must say, no matter the pace, it is fun running with a crowd, crossing the finish line across home plate at Hohokam stadium, not to mention the great health and wellness expo, wonderful food samples, cool shirts, and a fun Kid's Zone.  Trust me, you'll enjoy it.  And bring the kids - I was kicking myself that I didn't bring my 4 girls last year.  

If you are ready to sign up and run with us - you might want to take advantage of these discounts:
- Take 10% off at checkout by using the code: STS2011
- Or attent this event at Deseret Aesthetics (the sponsor behind Shun the Sun) and receive original race prices - basically $15 off every race except for the Family Fun Run:


"Come in to sign up for the Family Fun Run, 5K, 10K or Half Marathon and receive special discounted pricing. Register on Friday October 21st between 3:00 pm-6:00 pm OR purchase an IV treatment or body wrap and get your entrance fee waived! Come check out these amazing deals and help us join together in the fight against skin cancer with education and prevention!


Date: Friday, October 21st
Time: 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Location: 1425 S. Greenfield Rd. Ste. 102 Mesa, AZ 85206
* Runners can print off the registration form online and have it filled out prior to the event - makes life easier for all :)
** Runners can send someone to register on behalf of them for the race"

To sign up online, go here.  Then let us know so we can look for you.  So far Marily and I will be running with my cousin Nichelle and my sister-in-laws Lilly and Anna.  Come join us. 



1 comment:

Nichelle said...

Now I definitely need to sign up!!! I will be at Desert Aesthetics on Friday!