home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

5.18.2011

Wake-Up Wednesday - Superstition Farm,

This weather is AMAZING and here to stay hopefully for another few days.  I for one enjoyed a morning of riding around a 55+ community on a golf cart as my girls learned how to "drive" from their adoptive grandma.  (Meaning, a grandma with no relation that we met through church, who loves my girls and loves to spend time with us. If you are here in Mesa without any family, find some grandparents to adopt you.)  Then we sat on the porch and enjoyed ice-cream, a great breeze and simplicity that only comes every so often due to the sheer fact that I'm raising twin toddlers again.  

I think this weather is too much of a blessing to waste it indoors, so tomorrow I'm changing plans and I'm heading out to Superstition Farm.  Anyone want to join me?  They are having a $5 deal this coming week:  "Our $5 days are back! May 18th, 19th, 20th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 31st and enjoy our petting zoo, hayride and Udder Delight's ice cream for only $5 per person (age 1 and up). *Come anytime between 10-1pm, the hayride will run every hour beginning at 10:30am and last one at 12:30."

I don't have any personal pictures of Superstition Farm yet, so I'll post a picture of our cute little kitten.  He's Mesa through and through.  He was abandoned under the home my sister-in-law bought in historic Mesa.  He's thriving now and has brought our 4 little girls much entertainment and love.  


Also, needing help keeping your kids healthy this summer?  Sign up to start receiving weekly health tips, healthy recipes, fitness challenges and fun facts from Cardon Children's Hospital. By signing up, you will be entered to win a trip to SeaWorld for 4.  We are not affiliated with Cardon's, but I thought it looked interesting.

-Kathryn

No comments: