home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

12.22.2008

Mervyn's Closing

image from here

I grew up in west Mesa. It seems like these past couple of years I've seen a lot of changes. For example, Matta's on Main Street, the one restaurant that was a constant in my families lives, closed down. The hospital where I spent some of my days closed down. Now Mervyn's is closing. I remember going to Mervyn's with my grandma to buy new clothes for school when I was little. Mervyn's was where my mom took me to buy some cute baby girl outfits when I found out I was having twin girls. I know some of you could care less about Mervyn's, but I'm sad to see it go.

With that said, the last day that Mervyn's will be open is TOMORROW. They will be having 80% off all merchandise and 90% off some holiday items.

Mervyn's Closing Day
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008
Open from 8:00 AM- 10:00 PM

Now just remember, it is 80% off the original price. I went last week when it was 60% off and I got some decent deals, but the prices that are the "original" prices are not what I would call Mervyn's original. However, I'm sure you could still find some deals and say one last goodbye to Mervyn's.
So long my friend.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Weird. Mesa without Mervyns and Mattas is almost like a Mesa without Neds!