home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

4.21.2012

Two More Last Minute Events TODAY

We have two more wonderful events going TODAY!

First off is a dance festival featuring the popular dance styles of the last 100 years of Arizona history.  Held at Mesa High School's football field, over 1200 youth with be showcasing their love of our state and celebrate the centennial through dance.  The festival performances will take place at 6:00 and 8:00 PM.  Go here for all the details. It sounds amazing.

Second is a performance at Westwood High School celebrating their 50th anniversary.  If you are a fellow alumni who participated in the performing arts, it's not too late to come be a part of this concert.  I wasn't a very good violinist.  I loved hiding in the back of the 2nd violins with my friends.  So, 12 years later I will still be tucked in the back of the 2nd violins.  If you played for Westwood and want to come join me, practice is at 5:00 PM and the performance is at 7:00 PM.  Music and more information can be found here. AND, if you just want to come and listen to a great community concert for free, anyone is welcome to come and enjoy regardless if you went to Westwood.  Performance schedule found here.

So I hope you can add these events into your last minute plans.  I'm thinking that if I perform at the Westwood Concert, I might still be able to make it over to Mesa High for the dance festival.  


No comments: