We posted our March Things To Do Guide here, including events like Mesa's Creativity Festival, Gateway Open House and a Civil War Reenactment. Looks like we have a few more, especially for this Spring Break week:
- High School plays are such a wonderful way to bring the arts more into your life, without spending too much money. TONIGHT and tomorrow night at 7:00 PM, head down to Westwood High School, 8th Street between Country Club and Alma School Road, for their production of Willy Wonka. Kids 6 and under are free! It is 2 hours long with an intermission too, making this a perfect option families with younger children. Performance is in the Westwood Shepherd Auditorium. Tickets in advance are $5 and tickets at the door are $7-$10.
- The Flow Rider is open for Spring Break. We've tested it out ourselves and this is a sure hit with the young and the old(er) :) Spring Break is a great time to test it out for yourself as lines have historically not been as long. $5.50 for youth ride session, $11 for adult. Open this Saturday and all next week from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Go here for more information.
- Make sure to get your last hurrah at the old Riverview Park (Dobson and 8th Street) before it closes April 2nd for construction. Do some urban fishing, have a picnic.....I have made many memories here during my growing up years, fishing with my dad and watching my sister accidentally get a fish hook stuck in her foot, playing co-ed soccer, softball, and even some of my high school powder puff games. I think we are going to go and say one last goodbye to the place before it looks nothing like this anymore:
Riverview at night
- 1/2 off Day at Riverview Golf Course on March 17th-18th. Enjoy the 1987 price of $10.50 for a round of golf and 1/2 off range fees. Go here for details.
- Spring Training! It's that time of year again. Go here to see if you can catch a game.