Hope you enjoy your weekend roundup of events and don't forget our picture trivia at the end:
- "Read Down Your Fines": Those 17 and under can reduce their fines at the library. For every 20 minutes read, get $1 waived on fines. Go here to sign up.
- Free East Valley Children's Theater Christmas production at the public libraries, Saturday, December 10th. Showing at the Main Library from 11:00 - 11:40 AM. Showing at Dobson Ranch Library from 3:00 - 3:40 PM. Go here for more information.
- 2nd Friday in Downtown Mesa from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Music, unique shopping, free contests.
- If you don't make it to 2nd Friday, you probably want to check out the Mesa Arts Festival this Saturday and Sunday, the 10th and 11th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Enjoy live music, tons of vendors, kid activities, culinary delights, live performances and artist demonstrations. Last week when we were at the MAC, my girls and I were able to stop and watch an artist make ornaments through the whole process of heating and blowing the glass. I thought it was fabulous - and once again reminded of all the FREE things in our city that we don't always take advantage of. Go here for all the good details and schedules and to print out a listing of where to locate the recycled wreaths that are on display.
- Are you like me and trying to clean out the old before opening the new on Christmas? Then you may want to take advantage of Mesa's hazardous waste collection this Saturday, December 10th from 8:00 AM - Noon. Located at the Center Street Facility, 2412 N. Center St. (Center Street, north of McKellips). More information and a list of what is accepted (paint, pesticides, electronics, batteries, ect.) go here.
-5th Annual EVIT Masquerade Fantasy Hair Show tomorrow, December 9th from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. This events sound fun and exciting. This is from the press release sent to us, "More than 360 Cosmetology students will participate in the fifth annual Masquerade Fantasy Hair Show at the East Valley Institute of Technology. Students will serve as models and work in teams to create a 'Total Look' including hair styling, make up, nail art and costumes based on a chosen theme." Event located in the EVIT Auditorium, 1601 W. Main Street, Mesa, AZ (Building #1).
- Mesa Parks and Recreation's Breakfast with Santa, December 17th. To sign up, go here.
- Gilbert's Farmer's Market will host Santa this Saturday, December 10th. Straight from their FB account, "Santa will be visiting from 9:30-12:30, Gift Boxes & Bags from our Vendors, Tons of Produce from Local Growers & Farmers, Live Music from Josh Metzler, Face Painting & We might even be lucky enough to have Hannah the horse stop by for a Horse Carriage Ride around Downtown Gilbert!" Sounds fun. If you would like a list of this Farmer's Market, as well as others, go here.
- Tempe Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade this Saturday, December 10th at Tempe Beach Park. Santa arrives at 6:00 PM, boat parade starts at 7:00 PM. Once a year, motorized boats are allowed on the lake and are lit up in their glowing holiday best. Go here for more details.
- Boutique in Chandler this Saturday, December 10th from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Located at 999 E. Gunstock Rd. Vendors include Scentsy, Stamp'n Up, Mary Kay, Usborne Books, Lia Sophia, and many others.
- And of course there are still Zoo Lights (we had a lot of fun last night) and MOO-ey Christmas at Superstition Farm (umm, buttermilk pancakes sound delicious) this weekend as well.
And here is a little Mesa trivia: Where was this picture taken?
And for those that I never answered this picture trivia (I thought I did, but I guess not, sorry), the answers are:
- #1 is across the street from the Main library in front of the Council Chambers at 57 E. 1st Street and is of Ernest McFarland who served as Governor, Chief Justice of AZ Supreme Court and the Majority leader in the U.S. Senate.
- #2 Cinderella is in the alley way behind the Surf & Ski building in Downtown Mesa.
- #3 This Buck is on the Buckhorn Bath sign on Main Street.