home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

11.27.2010

Vista del Camino Park

Yesterday morning my husband and I loaded up our kids and bikes to meet up with his family and go on a fun family bike ride. We had such a great time that I wanted to share it with all of you, our I Heart Mesa readers, in case you haven't had a chance to visit this awesome park yet.

We all headed to Vista del Camino Park, a place with long, beautiful bike paths and several pretty little lakes that were home to a variety of ducks, geese, and an egret (perhaps there are more, but I only saw one). We only biked a total of about four miles but the kids all enjoyed watching the frisbee golfers, horseshoe players, and dogs taking their owners for a walk. We passed a few playgrounds as well but we saved those adventures for another day.

I'd been there several times with my own family as a kid, but I had forgotten what a treasure this place is. So if you're up for a terrific bike ride, check it out. In the meantime, here's a photo of that egret I mentioned earlier.  

No comments: