Last week we told you about a Pow Wow celebrating our Native American heritage. This week we are celebrating our western heritage.
"Mesa Downtown Merchants are proud to announce another celebration of Mesa Old West Days on Saturday and Sunday, November 20th and 21st 2010. This expanded community centered event will showcase the rich pioneer and territorial history of Mesa, Arizona."
(okay, maybe this isn't quite old west era, but I do love this picture of my great grandparents. Besides, they are part of Mesa's heritage.)
Here is a list of things you can expect to see at this event:
- 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers
- Association of Arizona Gunslingers Cowboy Fast Draw Competition
- Western Merchants and Artisans
- Old West Shooting Gallery
- Things for the kids, including: pony rides, petting zoo, kiddie caboose train ride
- Western re-enactments, shoot-outs and roping
- Western Music
- Food vendors
Festival located at Main and Macdonald
Times of this event are as follows:
Saturday, November 20th: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 21st: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Free to the Public
Information taken directly from here.