home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

9.17.2010

Restaurant Week



I married a foody.  And slowly, he has turned me into one too.  Who would have thought that the girl who ordered french fries when her family dined at Matta's (a Mexican food restaurant) would grow to be someone who loved things like lobster bisque and well, things that I've often had to ask my waiter, "How do you say that?"  I've come to understand the art of food and how amazing tastes can be when you perfect them.  

Tomorrow kicks off Restaurant Week here in the Phoenix/Tucson area.  It's a great way to bring expensive food tastes down to a more reasonable level.  My husband and I were able to sneak away last year and enjoy a new restaurant in celebration of my sister-in-law and her husband finally selling their house (yes, it's called sneak away when you have to nurse your babies and set a count down clock till the next feeding).  I'm thinking it's been awhile since we have snuck away for a good restaurant (like a year :) so I need a good reason to celebrate.  Maybe just the fact that I don't need to be watching the clock and rushing everyone so much this time.  mmmm...lobster bisque..... 

Now this part come from Marily:

Arizona Restaurant Week is an exciting event developed to showcase the outstanding culinary scene throughout the state of Arizona. Playing off the huge success since it's inception in 2008, Arizona Restaurant Week will include more than 150 restaurants from both the Phoenix Metro and Tucson markets in 2010.

Each restaurant will offer a three-course dinner menu of signature dishes for $29 or $39 per person.  Some restaurants include a drink at that price and others do not. 

Food photo from here.

This is a great time to try out a nice restaurant, get a fancy three-course meal and pay a reasonable price.  Reservations are recommended.  Go here for more information and check here for a list of participating restaurants in the Phoenix area.  Most of these are in Phoenix and Scottsdale, but two are in Mesa: The Landmark and Vito's Pizza


No comments: