home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

1.12.2009

Queen Creek Olive Mill

One thing I will admit is that I sometimes wish Arizona had some factories. I've heard about touring factories in other states and it just sounds pretty darn cool. I enjoy seeing what goes into the production of items that we use/consume every day. Imagine my delight when I stumbled across this bit o' information: a tour at the Queen Creek Olive Mill (that, by the way, I didn't even know existed, did you?).
But it does! And you (and I) can take a tour of it for $5. Their website says:

We invite you to the Queen Creek Olive Mill, Arizona’s only working olive mill & farm. Our 30 minute tour is designed to educate you on Olive Oil, the different varieties of olives grown around the world and what specific types we grow here for the express purpose of creating our own high quality EVOO. You will also learn why Arizona is a prime location for growing olives.
We will also talk about the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil and why it is recommended by doctors, nutritionist and even former presidents.

Tour Schedule
Monday - Friday 9:30 - 2:30 every hour on the half hour.
Saturday 8:30 to 2:30 Sunday 8:30 to 1:30

Groups of 8 or more, please call the Mill at 480-888-9290 or email us at tours@queencreekolivemill.com to schedule your tour in advance because tour size is limited.

The Mill is located at 25062 S. Meridian Road Queen Creek, AZ 85242. After your store, consider staying to eat at del-Piero at the Mill, where you can eat inside or in the olive grove.
Picture, info and more info here.

3 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

I've heard of this place. Brian and I have plans to stop there for lunch on our way to Tucson for our weekend getaway (not till Feb or March). Should be fun!

randa_joy said...

I haven't taken the tour but their sandwiches and tapenades are yummie!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Queen Creek sounds way more fun than Mesa.