Sorry if you missed my post yesterday. It was a day of our neighbors and cousins coming over, cleaning and running errands and playing and eating at Falcon Field Park. A post just didn't make it into the books, so I am combining today - an overall post of events coming up this week:
- Today - FREE Ben and Jerry's from Noon to 8:00 PM. "As a way to thank our customers for their support and to celebrate 33 years of scooping the chunkiest, funkiest ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbet, Ben and Jerry’s scoop shops are happily giving it away!" Alright, so the closest shop is in Scottsdale, but if you happen to be in the area for work or errands, stop on in for free ice-cream.
34505 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
- The LDS church is hosting their annual Easter Pageant. It starts with a dress rehearsal (which I've heard is a good time to beat larger crowds but still get a good show) tonight at 7:30 and then 8:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday this week and then Tuesday through Saturday next week (the 19th-23rd). Spanish showings are Friday and Saturday (15th and 16th) of this week. All ages and religions invited to this free event in downtown Mesa.
(If your church congregation is hosting an Easter event, please let us know at email@example.com. I've seen some signs as I drive around town, but would like to make sure we have a more complete list for those who are looking for more Easter activities here in Mesa/the East Valley.)
- Mesa Parks and Recreation is celebrating 75 years! I know Marily and I are proud past staff for Parks and Rec. in our high school and college days. Registration for summer classes and programs starts next Monday, the 18th, so start researching now what you want to do this summer, whether it's the Fit Kids Kamp for your younger ones or Lunchtime Fitness Swim for you or your teen. There is a lot to offer and they even have financial aid for families who can't afford summer recreation. Go here for more details.
- Celebrate April as Bike Month by participating in Mesa Rides. The "Downtown Historic Bicycle Tour is on Saturday, April 16th from 10:00 AM to Noon. It starts and ends at Main St. and Macdonald St. and is a four-mile loop through some of downtown Mesa’s historic districts. Stay after and enjoy MACFest, a free arts and culture festival held every Saturday in downtown Mesa from October through April. Free valet bicycle parking will be available until 2:00 PM. Sign-in and pick up a route map along with a free t-shirt and other goodies while supplies last. During the tour, riders are encouraged to stop by five downtown stores and pick up a business card, take-out menu or flyer and be entered into a drawing for great prizes donated by local bike shops." Thanks to the city for all the lovely information. It sounds like a fun time!
- And don't forget Saturday is also the last Community Day of Play before our Arizona summer heat. Held at Jefferson Park, 306 S. Jefferson from noon to 4:00 PM. Cost is $6 for games and rides, but go here for more information and a $1 off coupon.
Enjoy Mesa this week,