Today Marily turns....well, another year. I just wanted to thank Marily for all that she has done with I Heart Mesa. She motivates me to keep blogging and has been a huge reason why I Heart Mesa is what it is today. She is awesome. She is Mesa through and through.
Here are some random facts that you may or may not know about Marily:
- She was Snoopy in our junior high's (Carson) school play. She sang "Suppertime" on top of a makeshift dog house. My sisters remember her as a mermaid in a church camp skit. Marily can handle the stage.
- Her first car was a boat (okay, not a real boat, but the kind of 70's car that is often referred to as a boat due to it's length.) It was hers and she worked hard for it.
- She plays the clarinet. She just laughed and laughed at me when in junior high I put on her cork grease, thinking it was chapstick.
- She is the only person I have ever been kicked out of a classroom with (our sophmore English teacher didn't really care for us). But, she was also my co-partner for many over the top school group projects that will forever go down in school history as the example to live up to.
- She has a math in education degree from ASU and is much smarter than I am.
- She has been one of my oldest (as in for the longest time - not age) friends and still continues to put up with me. You know you have a great friend if they like you even after junior high and high school AND after you do a birthday post on them for all of Mesa to read.
Happy Day Marily. I would have posted more of the quirky things that you have done, if I had a better memory. Thanks for being spunky, smart and my friend.