home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

10.13.2010

Arizona State Fair Discount Days

Photo from here.

It wouldn't seem right to have a blog about things to do in the valley and skip straight over the Arizona State Fair.  The fair starts this Friday, continues through November 7th and is open Wednesday through Sunday.  So, yes...closed Monday and Tuesday--don't make that mistake.

And with times a little tighter these days the fair has even more great deals.  1/2 price and free parking at certain times, and even free admission if you go at just the right time.  Just go straight to the Arizona State Fair Discount Page to find all the deals, but I'm telling you, the fair doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg this year.  Though if you're into fair food it might cost you the price of a turkey leg.  I couldn't resist...sorry for the lameness.  Also, I can't help myself, every year I make the same joke as we approach the fairgrounds: "Isn't there any good parking?  All the signs just say "Fair parking."  It cracks me up every time.
Here's one of my favorite deals:

Opening day, this Friday, Oct. 15 admission is just $1 until 7pm.  Get there and go watch the figure 8 races--we go every year with my in-laws.  (Maybe bring earplugs? Just a suggestion.)  If you have kids in school (ages 5 to 14) they can read books ahead of time and get up to three free rides by filling out this form.  And Fridays and Saturdays there is a free Park & Ride Shuttle from the State Capitol parking lots. Go to the deals page for a map and other great deals. 

It took me quite a while to find the hours for the fair on their website so save yourself some trouble and just click here.

Any state fair traditions of your own?

Have fun,

Photo from here.


1 comment:

Stacie S-H said...

I always have to go on some rides and get cotton candy. And eat some regular fair food :)