home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

9.28.2010

SWAP and Fruit

It's getting late.  Tuesdays are my busiest days and I end them feeling like a ball of mush.  So what better time to blog and ramble?  

But I just thought I would take a few moments to say that we here at I Heart Mesa signed up to Swap.  Yep, we are excited.  What?  You have no clue what that is?  Well, check out what a SWAP is here.  And we will be back in a few days to answer any and all your questions.  Cause we think you should SWAP too.  And did I mention that I'm excited?  I am.  Cause to me, this is what community is about.  Coming together, having fun and leaving better for it.  It totally has that Pollyanna feel to me, you know that quaint charm that is sometimes missing from city life.  So join us.

Second, tomorrow is your last chance for Utah fruit.  This past week we have survived on peaches and pears, raspberries and tomatoes.  (The raspberries were for jam, but we ate too many).  I don't know what we will do when Utah fruit season comes to a close.  Thank goodness I now have bags of frozen Utah peaches in my fridge to make the goodbyes not so harsh.  Fruit is sold on the North West corner of Val Vista and Brown on Wednesday.  Trucks unload starting at 6:00 AM.  Apples will be available the end of October, just in time for candied apples.  YUM.  And please keep bringing clothes and shoes for needy families.  

Thanks


P.S.  Pictures are for when my brain is not a ball of mush

No comments: