home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

8.24.2010

Getting out the Vote and the Waffles

Today is voting day.  Oh, and National Waffle Day. This day "celebrates the patenting of the waffle iron by Cornelius Swarthout of Troy, New York on August 24, 1869."  (info from here)  And of course, the right to vote.  

image from here

So go vote.  And go eat a waffle.

If you don't know where to vote, go here.  If you want to teach your kiddos about voting and democracy, check out this site here.

It is technically Tuesday, but I haven't gone to bed yet.  I just got back from helping a certain candidate in his bid for office (nope, not telling on this blog.  I want people to make their own informed decision if they choose to vote.)  Then after that it was to the grocery store for strawberries.  Now off to bed so I can wake in the morning and enjoy strawberry waffles and the ability to vote with my family.  It's going to be a good day!   


(Yes, Emily, I stole your voting links.  Thanks for doing my footwork :)

No comments: