home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

8.03.2010

City of Mesa Kickball

Before kids, I played on a city of Mesa co-ed soccer team.  It was fun and I tried to hold my own, but honestly, now that I have kids, I'm a little worried to do headers and go head to head with men on a soccer field (men that sometimes got a little too competitive).  But, I still have this built in desire to have something to compete in, a team sport, just one without as much risk of injury.  So when I saw this e-mail, my heart did a little leap.  Kickball.  Someone had me in mind.


"Mesa Parks and Recreation launched its newest adult sports league –kickball. Adults 18 and over can join in a season of double headers with a final kickball tournament this fall for all teams. Registration begins on August 10th at 8:00 a.m. Cost is $300 per team with a maximum of 20 team players on the roster. The season starts on Tuesday, Sept.7 and will run for seven weeks. Games will be played at Kleinman Park, 850 W. Eighth Ave."

In addition to kick ball, Mesa is also bringing back its women and co-ed volleyball league and flag football.  

Go here for more information.

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

did you forget that i BROKE my leg playing kickball?! haha