home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

6.21.2010

Out and About

First of all, hope you all had a happy Father's Day.  Here's my husband and boys yesterday:

The banner paper, if you're interested, I bought at Paper Plus on Broadway just east of Extension.  You buy it by the yard, 95 cents/yard.  The store is also a great place to get supplies to make wedding announcements or other invitations, and they have tons of great stuff for teachers.  I bought 2 yards of red butcher paper for Father's Day, 3 yards of white butcher paper to make a mural with the kids.  Paid 5 dollars and got a huge, full-page receipt.  They are use to larger orders I think.  But I'll be back for more butcher paper another day.  It's kind of fun to use.

We've been trying to get out of the house and enjoy some of the things Mesa has to offer.  Last week we went to the library for the Craig Davis magic and juggling show.  It's an hour long show and my kids thought it was fabulous.  I liked it to, so it'll be fun for everybody.  Actually, the 11-month old wasn't too fond of it, but anyway....Craig Davis will be at the Southeast Regional Library tomorrow, if you still want to check it out.  (See upcoming events on the right.)

Friday we went to the farmers market.  Every time I go I think to myself that I should go more often.  Summertime hours are 9am to noon.  I try to go as close to 9 as I can before it gets hot.  My 5-year-old took this picture:
Afterwards, we dropped off our produce at my sister's house so it wouldn't wilt in the car while we went to the AZ Museum for Youth.  We've had a membership there since our oldest was a toddler.  It might be the best place to take young kids in Mesa.  Especially in the summertime.  The newest exhibit is about music. 

And there are always several art projects to do as well.

By the way, I have been working on the "Local Attractions" page. Check it out.

Hope you had a great weekend!  Been up to anything fun in this heat?

No comments: