home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

6.30.2010

Fountain Hills Splash Park

It's hot.  Burn your feet, scorch your skin, hot.  But, there is still plenty to do.  I personally would take this summer heat over having to bundle kids up all winter long any day.  There aren't many days here in Mesa that I feel stuck indoors. 

So, "plenty to do?"  Yes.  Indoor activities and outdoor as well.  Today's feature is on the Fountain Hills Splash Park.

Fountain Hills is located just a 15 minute drive down the Beeline Highway.  Home to the world's tallest fountain.  And inside Fountain Hills' fountain park is a splash pad.  I personally have yet to check out the splash pad, but I hear it's a good one.  Plus, you have the bonus of being right by the lake and getting to see the fountain go off every hour on the hour for 15 minutes (9 AM to 9 PM).  I know I enjoyed picnics to see the fountain or to watch my sisters run cross country in the park back in the day.   
"The Park which features 21 interactive water spray features is designed around a nautical theme. It includes water tunnels, tipping buckets, water canons and more."

image and information from here

Operates 7 days a week through the summer months from 9am to sunset.

Fountain Park is located at:  12925 N. Saguaro Blvd., Fountain Hills, AZ 85268

"Fountain Hills Splash Park is located at the Fountain Park, behind the Plaza Fountainside, on El Lago Blvd just East of Saguaro Blvd."  Or as I like to say, take the Beeline, turn at the light for Fountain Hills, lake is on the right. 

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

Oooh, good one! My kids are all completely entranced by fountains, and if there is something a)free b)that they all enjoy c)that involves WATER then I.am.there. And since we moved to North Mesa it's just a few minutes up Gilbert Road. Yessssssss.