home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

4.12.2010

2nd Annual Falcon Field Open House

image from here

We live by Falcon Field. When we first moved into our home and I had my first set a twins, I remember being outside on a Saturday and hearing a very loud plane. I thought, "Wow, that plane must be flying low." Then the noise got louder and louder and louder. I about grabbed my babies and ran, until I realized that it was an old bomber taking its Saturday flight out of Falcon Field. Although a little unnerving at first, now it is really a neat sight to see some of the old planes fly on Saturdays. So when I saw this event, I knew it would be one I wouldn't want to miss:

"City of Mesa invites you to attend our 2nd Annual Falcon Field Open House!

Experience the “Three Rs” -- Runways, Roads and Rails!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Falcon Field Park
4636 E. Fighter Aces Drive
(east of Greenfield Road, north of McKellips)

Open to the general public, this event will showcase what Falcon Field has to offer and how it contributes to the area economy. The event offers something for the entire family! So bring your kids, friends and sense of adventure to one of Mesa’s largest annual events!

Featuring:

Aircraft Static Displays
History Exhibit
Classic Cars
Model Railroads
Remote-Controlled Aircraft Displays
Food
Music
and MORE!
Special appearance by Freddy the Falcon!
Parking and Admission are FREE!

Questions? Call 480 644-2450."

So, they used a lot of exclamation points.  Now it must be exciting.  See you there.

Information from here

1 comment:

kh said...

We live by Falcon field too. What a fun way to spend Sat. My husband and son will go nuts! Thanks!