home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

4.30.2009

Float Your Boat

Sometimes it seems as though there are plenty of activities going on in the city to blog about, but at times there are lulls. Don't worry, there is still plenty to do, it just might not be a grand event with lots of people.

So here is one for the simple list: Float boats at the Mesa Arts Center


Last summer (yes in the heat), my husband's family had a little boat race at the MAC. We all built our best boats before hand, ate at Pete's Fish and Chips (Main and Mesa Dr.) for dinner, had our boat races in the cool water features at the MAC and finished off with a cold treat at Dairy Queen (Main and Hobson). It was fun for all ages.
I'm not positive that the MAC promotes having boat races in the water feature, but we made sure all debris was picked up and there was no one nor any signs that made it appear as though we were being mischievous. So hopefully I'm promoting a legal activity. I would check and make sure you don't head down there at the same time as a concert though.


***In other news, really you should check out the restaurant Papaya Tai. Their curry mango chicken dish was ranked the best Tai dish in the valley by Phoenix Magazine. Not bad for a little restaurant tucked in the corner of a strip mall. Oh - and they do take out.


And the Egg and I is tops for omelets. If you are purely in the mood for just pancakes and bacon (or a meal along those lines), maybe stick with IHOP. But, if you are in the mood for a good quesadilla or omelet, go with the Egg and I. They do serve pancakes and waffles, but I feel you get the most bang for your buck when you go with the egg entrees, hence the name.


There, I just had to add my two cents.

No comments: