home about-us mesa links local attractions contact us

9.30.2008

Voting

Did you know that according to the census, only 68% of voting age citizens in the U.S. were registered to vote in 2006 and only 48% of voting age citizens actually voted?

(art borrowed from here)

We all know it's election time, you can't miss it.  Here at I Heart Mesa, we feel there is no excuse for not voting, especially with the ease of early voting (unless of course for religious reasons).  There are some very important issues here in Arizona as well as for our nation.  

Every time I have voted I have done the traditional way of going down to the polls and placing my votes.  This is the first election in which I have filled out the request to receive an early ballot.  It was so easy too.  Come election day I won't have to worry about packing the sippy cups and the snack bags and trying to time it just right so I don't hit the crowds when I go to vote.  All I will have to do is fill out my ballot in the comfort of my home and mail it in.  If you also want information on how to request an early ballot and you live in Maricopa county, go here.   
Remember, if you have not registered to vote yet, the deadline is October 1st for registration by mail and October 6th through the Internet (but I have heard that you want to do it earlier than later in case of high traffic).  Make sure you are also registered to vote for your correct address. 

For any more questions you may have about voting in Maricopa County, go here

When I was younger I had a neighbor who said she never bothered to vote because the people she voted for never won.  The only for sure thing that my neighbor ever did for politics was to make sure that her voice was never heard.  Your vote IS needed, please take the few minutes to make it count.

****Remember to spread the word about our little site and have a chance at that $25. ****

No comments: